We are building a support network for injured workers in Victoria that is respectful, non-judgmental and solution focused.
Based on the very successful model run in Canada and NSW.
Together we are building a movement that will create real change in people's lives and the system that affects them.
The aims of the Injured Workers Support Network (IWSN) are:
- To assist and support workers who have sustained work related injuries & disabilities
- To provide and share information and experiences about the workers compensation system and the rights of ill, injured & disabled workers
- To form networks between injured workers and other organisations that have similar aims and objectives
- To assist and encourage injured workers to establish links within their local community health system, Government Departments, organisations and other individual support groups who can assist injured workers.
- The IWSN is a Not for Profit organisation offering information and support for any individual who have become injured, ill or disabled due to a work place incident.
- The IWSN extends this support to the families, friends and supporters of any individuals who have become injured, ill or disabled due to a work place incident.
- The health and wellbeing of our members is our highest priority.
Sign up below to find out where your nearest group will be, or find out more about how to be a facilitator and start up a group of your own.
Carrum (Southeastern Suburbs) Meetings
Time: 10am -12pm
Date: The second Wednesday of every month, next meeting May 10th 2017
Venue: Carrum Uniting Church, McLeod rd, Carrum (behind the Aldi)
Sunshine (Western Suburbs)
Date: Tuesday 6th June, 2017
Venue: Sunshine Uniting Church, 32 Withers St, Sunshine.
Injured Workers Support Network Meeting
Date: Wednesday 31st May
Venue: Bendigo Trades Hall, 34-40 View St, Bendigo
As this is our first meeting following the Information Session, we will confirm our ongoing date/time at this meeting.